Food is a wonderful way to plant or grow the seed of love!
You don't have to be a chef or gourmet cook to create the air of love with food. What you create doesn't even have to be that fancy - just use a bit of your imagination with this in mind...how you would feel as the receiver? That's Amore - listen while you browse.
1. Make a favorite - pick through your recipe box to find that special recipe that brings back good memories, it's sure to create more.
2. Surprise your loved one - secretly find out about a favored recipe from family, friends or co-workers, then prepare it - add your own flair.
3. Finger foods only - fix and eat everything in bite size pieces, from appetizers to desserts.
4. Create an atmosphere - leave tiny clues; text message, handwritten note, tweet, set the table or spread a blanket on the floor, light some candles, make a playlist of songs, now turn down the lights - enjoy your meal and each other.
5. Heart shapes - fill heart-shaped dishes with candy, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for your food, spread heart confetti on the table, cut out heart shapes with colored paper include a handwritten love note and make sure to give lots of hugs from your heart.
*Any of these ideas can include the kids - they will love helping with the set up, it's fun for them to eat by candlelight too and it creates lasting family traditions. Once they are tucked in bed you two can pull out the fruit, gourmet chocolates and whipped cream ;)