Saturday, August 15, 2009

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!

Victorian Lady Serving Coffee and CakeVictorian Lady Serving Coffee and Cake

Grandma wrote a note, "This is nice with your a.m. coffee" and I totally agree. Make this the night before and take a slice along for your morning commute or enjoy while sitting on the porch reading the daily news.

SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE

1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

TOPPING

1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

METHOD

Cream butter and sugar. Beat eggs, sour cream, and vanilla into a smooth batter. Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix in well. Pour into a greased 11x7 pan, add topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

TIP

Fold in 1/2 to 1 cup of seasonal fruit, my fave is blueberries ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Please add more of your recipes because I know people will want to try them and I loved my Grandma, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your grandmas recipes! This sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I have been finding alot of free recipes on the Cooking for Busy People website. They have some good ones there as well. I think I will try this recipe for our family Christmas gathering. Sounds like the perfect time to remember Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for stopping by and so happy that you like the recipe. I will check
    out the website that you recommended too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today!